Lets do a little math lesson: This coming Saturday I will be 29 weeks. When I return home in 4 weeks I will be...(29+4=33) 33 weeks! Whoo who! That means I will only have 7 weeks left before our sweet baby girl will be here.
Here is where the minor freak out begins to happen. Have I started the nursery? Umm...no. As an 'A-Type' personality and a military wife I have, for lack of a better phrase, split personality. My A-Type side wants control, order, and a plan at all times but as a military wife knows that is not possible because everything could change at literally any minute. Can you see where the conflict begins to happen? When you throw the fact that I have a bachelors in Interior Design it makes the project of a nursery a pretty big priority in my book (not to mention it is the future home of our baby girl).
Now, I have until recently refrained from buying anything for the nursery because our plan (yes, my mistake) was to pack everything, put it into storage and move back east while Jake was deployed for 7 months. Since I wasn't going to be able to put the nursery together and furniture for the nursery would just be more to store it seemed sort of pointless to get anything. The plan, recently, has changed due to military events and I am now staying so I have a nursery to put together...and fast.
I need to make a list and since I promised to keep you all updated I thought where better than to put it on here so here we go:
- Sell our queen size mattress, box spring, and metal frame.
- Move the upholstered headboard (to where - stay tuned)
- Organize closet
- Paint the walls (stay tuned)
- Move our Amish window frame (stay tuned)
- Finish sanding and painting crib (stay tuned)
- Finish sanding and painting rocking chair ( you guessed it - stay tuned)
- Print mommy created artwork
- Find frames
- Paint frames I have
- Find a dresser - even if it needs a little TLC
- Get all the baby gear organized from showers
- Make bedding
- Make mobile
- Sand and paint side table
- Find a lampshade
- Buy blackout shade
- Find curtains - or make them
- Hang artwork
...I'm going to have 7 weeks to do this...33 weeks pregnant. I can do this right? I just have to focus on one thing at a time and I can just try to get maybe one thing done every other day? Yes, I can!